Monday, May 21, 2012

Death

The other day I went to a house where the man has died two days back. The lady was guarded with many others from the church. It seems that the ritual is to not keep the new widow alone and people will stay around the body is buried. Another lady came with food and I was told that the neighbors and church people will cook foods and provide, nothing will be cooked in the house. I remembered a meditation process (if not wrong, buddhist way and told by Osho). This process says everyday you meditate on death -that every moment you be aware that you can die any moment and may be even today. We all know that we'll die , but some other day and not today. The very first thing that came to my mind is that if I die right now will there be even a single unsatisfied area -and surprising the answer was no. Then I asked one by one , what about career, what about money, what about sex, what about enlightenment .....and all the answers I got was I'm so ok with all aspects in life , if I die now also, no discontenment. From that time I ask myself often about anything and everything - I'm ok with the current state. Even if death comes I'm ready for it - the only request that I had is on the next births let me start from here, and not go through the learning phase once again. JGD.

No comments: