Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Evening Party

Hmmm, an evening party. Last Monday,14th April.
We three people met at Andheri and started our drive to reach the party hall near Grant road. Kashyap was guiding the route as I never went to that area before (Also I run the fear always that I will get lost when I am driving).It was actually nice drive with less traffic as this was a holiday being Ambedkar Jayanti for many of the office goers .
In between I got a call from my wife and I asked Rita to pick the call, but she said that Kashyap can take the call as she is very careful about taking the calls, particularly from anyone's wife.
We enjoyed her statement.
When we reached there, I told Kashyap that it's a veg restaurant. He also got upset along with me. Veg Party ! Not a good idea. When we reached the party hall , the host was there with the DJ and other people setting up the room.
Then it started - drinks and music and dance. People were enjoying every bit of it.
I also joined them in the dance floor. I got the sense that though I was there with everyone, I was feeling more and more disconnected with people coming and joining the dance floor.And the intuition came to me is that most probably the other people were also feeling that, they were dancing more and showed that they're happy to be there.(This is simply my conversation, no truth behind it!).
One time came that the music was at its peak and I did not feel like dancing any more. So I sat in the sofaset and felt like meditating.
The surprise was that as I was meditating, the loud sound of the music and everything happening there did not bother me any more. I was connected back to myself. After the meditation I was once again grounded. And the internal conversation was no more there. I was watching people dancing. Another surprising thing came up - I was neither overwhelmed nor disturbed by the surroundings. I was just there, being myself.
I started having my food when I felt having it. Infact I enjoyed the raita and fruit salad the most.
And when I was eating the ice-cream I was asking myself why I'm having this as I was not even enjoying it, though a good one - but it did not give me any sense of satisfaction.
It ended at midnight. So we dropped Jigisha first at a nearby place. Then traveled back to our place dropping back Durgest at Malad, Rita at Borivali and Kashyap at his complex gate. Last but not the least, I got down at around 1.00pm.
I was surprised to see my wife awake at that wee hours for me. I could see the commitment she has in my life.