Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Impact of Recession

The interesting topic now-a-days in the office premises and outside is about the economic downturn and economic recession in giant economics.
It all started with the news that Lehman brothers declared bankruptcy . My job is neither in financial industry nor I'm in the USA - so why should I get worried about this ?
(A good joke on Lehman brothers:

US President George Bush: I am saddened to hear about the demise of Lehman Brothers. My thoughts go out to their mother as losing one son is hard but losing two is no doubt a tragedy.)

Then it started one by one - and in few days my organization also came out with the news that the impact on our business is huge and with a decreasing dollar value how it's killing us.

Initially I did not get the maths in this. When I got that when we've quoted any product for Rs. X (thinking $1=Rs.40 in August time frame) and getting actually 80% of $ value (By this time $1=Rs50), it really hit me hard. It's very difficult that we can sustain in this kind of scenario.

By next 2-3 weeks people started talking about this and the trend I saw is that everyone started thinking about the worst possible scenario and getting scared in their life - as if this has already happened and true for them.

(I also found that this is the way we live our life - let there be any situation and we're scared about the worst possibility and that really eats us up).

This is the time when I found where I'm actually living my life powerfully. There is no imagination, no positive thinking, there is no day dreaming that everything is going great. I could see myself grounded on what it is in reality. If my job is going on, if my family is happy, if my kid is happy and joyous - this is what I've right now. I don't know what may happen in future - whatever will happen will happen. Nothing can stop it. Then why to worry about that.

There is this grounding that is really making me happy and living a tension free life.

No comments: